Tips for Individual Offensive Play - PIVOTING
"COACHES CORNER" with John Heard
FOCUS: "TIPS FOR INDIVIDUAL OFFENSIVE PLAY"
1. All pivot moves should be executed with the body low and well balanced.
2. The pivot is used to protect the ball, to start a drive, roll off a screen and to get an advantageous position with or without the ball.
3. The pivot should be executed quickly.
4. Right and left turns are primarily used, when the back is to the basket, to face the basket. The most commonly used movement is the reverse pivot.
5. The right and left turns are of special use to the forwards in turning to face the basket after receiving a pass from the guards.
6. One of the most common uses of the pivot occurs upon termination of the dribble, and should be mastered.
7. The pivot is also used when screening out your opponent for a rebound.
If you'd like me to come out to your training sessions and run you through more of my training then please contact the association through email.
JH #community #faith #basketball #WeAreChurchBall